*Going to share a lot of saved recipes from my drafts during this crazy COVID quarantine time, for those at home cooking and baking like me!*
This is a yummy breakfast bake full of oatmeal and fruit, but lightened up a lot compared to the “Amish Oats” that we also love. This is one you can have any weekday and feel good from…but I still shared the other one below too :)
- 2 cups organic oats
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed or chia seeds
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1⅔ cups any milk (I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
- 6 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp oil, melted (I use coconut or avocado oil)
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup frozen blueberries, or any fruit!
- 1 banana, sliced
- ¼ cup toasted pecan halves
- 1-2 tbsp coconut sugar (can sub brown sugar)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a 9” x 9” baking dish, combine oats, ground flax seed, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Mix well.
- In a medium bowl, combine almond milk, oil, vanilla, and maple syrup.
- Mix well and slowly pour over dry ingredients, stirring any areas that aren’t covered.
- Top with frozen blueberries, sliced banana (pushing them into the oatmeal slightly), and pecan halves. Sprinkle everything (focusing on banana slices) with brown/coconut sugar.
- Bake for 30 minutes, right after assembling. Cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Store leftovers in an air-tight container in the refrigerator or freeze slices in parchment paper and reheat before eating.
*If feeding a crowd or wanting a more indulgent / simple option:
• 1.5 cups quick oats
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 1/2 cup milk
• 1/4 cup melted butter
• 1 egg
• 1 tsp. baking powder
• 3/4 tsp. salt
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
Mix ingredients and bake at 350 in greased 9×9 pan. The suggested baking time is 25-30 mins just watch it based on oven time. It’s good when it’s browned a little especially around the edge!