clean chocolate chip cookies
these have completely become my new favorite cookie to have on hand during the week to keep my sweet tooth happy without overindulging. they are paleo approved and found off the amazing bakerita blog. had to save here because they are my go-to! so delicious and i love keeping them in the freezer when i need one :)
- ½ cup coconut oil, room temperature
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg at room temperature (to save time you can place an egg in a glass of room temp water)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2¼ cups almond flour
- 1 cup chopped dark chocolate chips
- flaky sea salt to sprinkle on top (optional)
- Beat together the coconut oil and coconut sugar until smooth. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Add the almond flour, salt, and baking soda to the wet ingredients. Mix well. Fold in the chopped chocolate. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour (can prepare up to 48 hours ahead of time).
- When you’re ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350ºF. Use a cookie scoop to form cookies and place on a parchment lined baking sheet; press down slightly. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt if desired. Bake for 10 minutes or just beginning to turn golden brown around the edges.