white chicken coconut lime chili
there are a lot of white chicken chili recipes out there, and it’s always hard for me to choose one to make… but it always sounds so good. this one is a favorite since it stands out and is a fun spin!
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (13.5 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 (12 ounce) jar salsa verde
- 2 (14 ounce) cans white beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lime
- diced avocado and/or tortilla chips for topping (optional)
for the instant pot version:
- place everything up through the salt into the instant pot, seal, and cook on high pressure for 12 minutes.
- let natural release for 10 minutes then remove chicken, shred, and return to pot. stir together and add a squeeze of fresh lime juice. serve as is or with avocado and chips.
for the slow cooker:
- place everything up through the salt into the slow cooker and cook on low for 4-6 hours (or high for 2-4).
- remove chicken, shred, and return to the slow cooker. stir together and add a squeeze of fresh lime juice. serve as is or with avocado and chips.