September is always the best month, I swear. So busy, but in my mind it is kind of the real “new year.” Things seem to start back up, routines set in place, and change is in the air…literally and figuratively. It is a transitional month with so much room for new phases and rhythms. This has been especially true this year, as September brought Reagan starting preschool, and also me going back to work! I wasn’t expecting this change at all, and if you had told me a month ago I’d be back at full time work I would have said you were crazy! But, things fell together perfectly and it has been a great thing for me right now. We are all in full swing of fall, school, work, and routine and loving it! It’s making this busy month feel more orderly despite so much going on. In September we…
– Started the month with me getting back from my solo Mexico City adventure and Chase + the girls had a sweet daddy daughter weekend!
– Reagan started preschool!! So bittersweet, but mostly fun and exciting for all of us!! She loves it of course.
– I started work at Zume Inc, an amazing startup that I am excited to be part of. I’m on the recruiting team, same thing I did at Google, and loving it so far. It’s close by, flexible, and such interesting work that has been a great thing for me and helped balance out our life right now.
– We got a fabulous au pair live in nanny who is from Colombia and we adore her! She is a student with an off-semester and has made my work situation even be a reality since this was one of the only ways I was comfortable doing it! We love having her live with us and be in our life.
– Last few Thursday night farmers markets of the season :(, with an outing to Tin Pot on the last night.
– Rose Garden outing in SJ! It had been too long.
– Utah game watching Saturdays..the best!
– Up to SF for family photos and showing Angie around
– Fountain splash pad dates at the new one down the street, on the hottest fall heat wave days!
– Women’s devotional and fun YW activities.
– Chase in LA, twice, and so busy with his new job but loving it!
– Mike coming to SF for a day :)
– Rea’s first piano lessons!!
– A cookbook launch party I got to help plan for our friend Maria of Two Peas & Pod! It was magical and delicious and our hostess friend Dawn is amazing.
– And ending the month with a fall week in SLC. We came on the front end for our good friend Nick & Quinn’s beautiful wedding, then stayed a week (I worked from there and Chase headed to Newport for meetings) and got to attend an amazing JL concert before flying home for a catch up weekend before a few crazy weeks ahead with travel and work and fun!
Here’s to the fall and buckling up for what’s ahead!