After flying through Atlanta countless times, I decided it was finally time to get out and explore it! It was right on the way from Birmingham on our way to the Georgia coast, so we stopped for two days and packed a lot in. I had no idea how much there is to do, and I loved it all! It’s a fun and different huge city and we had the best time getting a taste of it!
– World of Coca-Cola Museum – fun to see, though we don’t really drink it!
– Olympic Park- fun fountains on a hot day
– CNN World Headquarters – you can tour the studios!
– Ponce City Market- fun spot with shopping, a food market & BeltLine path!
– MLK Historic Sight – includes a free visitor’s center, and across the street you can see his tomb, the Old Ebenezer Baptist Church, and the home he was born in. So powerful to see!
– Jimmy Carter Presidential Library
– Piedmont Park- beautiful
– Atlanta Botanical Garden (within the park!)
– High Museum of Art, gorgeous building and collection!
Chik Fil A Dwarf House (original location in the suburbs, open 24 hours!)
The Varsity – classic Atlanta lunch
Mary Macs Tea Room: amazing southern soul food
Buckhead Diner- upscale but family friendly dinner
Canoe Restaurant – dreamy setting on the river
Ria’s bluebird for pancakes
Ponce Food Hall:
..Lucky Lotus juice bar
..Batter Cookie Dough Bar
Saltwood Charcuterie inside of Loews Hotel