after countless thai takeout friday nights, i finally found a good, simple and healthier Pad Thai Recipes to replace the cartons and have a fresh homemade version! chase loves it and i don’t know when we’ll next get takeout because we feel so much better after eating this version. i found it through the amazing clean simple eats recipes! it is a little bit smaller recipe (i’d say serves 2 adults) so you can double to have plenty or leftovers.
- 4 oz. uncooked pad thai brown rice noodles
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 Tbs soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 2 Tbs honey
- 1 Tbs minced garlic
- 1/2 cup fresh minced yellow onion
- 3-4 chopped chicken breasts, cooked or raw
- 2 cups chopped red bell peppers (or any veggies you like..I sometimes use a bag or stir fry veggies and toss in)
- 1 cup sliced green onions (optional)
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- Sprinkle of peanuts
- Lime juice
- Fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper
- Cook the noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Whisk peanut butter, rice vinegar, coconut aminos and honey in a bowl. You can thin out the sauce with a little water if needed.
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray and add minced garlic + onions. Add chicken to the skillet now if raw, and cook until golden brown and cooked through. Otherwise, add cooked chicken with noodles at the end.
- Add veggies and sauce, cook until tender (add chicken now if already cooked). Add the noodles last and stir.
- Serve in bowls topped with peanuts, lime juice, cilantro, and salt + pepper.
E N J O Y!