1 cup uncooked quinoa OR 2 cups riced cauliflower
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
1/2 white onion, chopped
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can corn, drained
2 chicken breasts, cooked & shredded (or rotisserie chicken!)
1 1/2 cups enchilada sauce (i prefer green instead of red, but either!)
1/4 cup mexican cheese blend
Salt & pepper to taste
1 avocado, sliced
Garnish with chopped cilantro, avocado, and serve with lime wedges
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. If using quinoa, cook it according to package instructions. Prepare the rest of the recipe while the quinoa is cooking.
- In a large oven-safe skillet or dutch oven, warm 1 tbsp olive oil over medium heat. Add chopped bell peppers and onions and sauté for a few minutes until they begin to soften and become fragrant.
- If you’re using cauliflower rice, pour the riced cauliflower into the skillet with the onions and bell peppers at this point. Continue to sauté until warmed through. (Otherwise, add the cooked quinoa.)
- Add black beans, corn, shredded chicken, and enchilada sauce, and mix everything until evenly combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle cheese on top, then put in the oven until the cheese melts, about 5 minutes. You can also set the oven to broil to get the cheese bubbly and golden, but make sure you watch it closely so it doesn’t burn!
- Remove from oven and garnish with sliced avocado, chopped cilantro, and green onions or chives. Serve with lime wedges on the side.