“Bests” & “Mosts” of Europe

Between previous travels and then almost a year of living in Europe, we have completed visiting the entire EU, and then some!

I think our love for Europe is pretty clear. I have always been intrigued with this continent and been a little obsessed with it (both the good and bad sides :) My very favorite thing about Europe is the rich culture you can find in each place you go. You might drive an hour and be in a place that speaks a completely different language, eats different foods, and has lots of tradition. It’s just so full of rich experiences and learning due to this, and I’ve fallen even more in love with it while living over there with Chase this past year.

So as we come off our time abroad, we made a little list of the “best” and “mosts” of Europe…as though we are awarding places superlatives in a high school yearbook — haha. It’s just one of the ways we say goodbye, I guess!

europe

• Most walkable: Amsterdam/ Venice
  • Best food: Italy
  • Most friendly: Scotland
  • Most charming: Belgium
  • Most relaxing: Greece
  • Best architecture: Belgium (the mix of French + Dutch!)
  • Most chaotic: Naples
  • Most romantic: France
  • Best nature: Norway
  • Best public transport: London
  • Best museums: London/ Paris
  • Most expensive: Switzerland
  • Least expensive: Poland!
  • Most surprising: Istanbul
  • Worst weather: Dublin
  • Best hidden gem: Slovenia
  • Best city overall: Lisbon
  • Most worth returning to: France, Italy, Spain, Switzerland

'“Bests” & “Mosts” of Europe' has 12 comments

1. May 22, 2016 @ 4:37 pm Leah

Hmm, this is so interesting to me! I’ve hardly seen the whole of the EU but I am going back to Europe this summer and have some of these places on my radar. Actually, Lisbon just popped into my head earlier today and so I’m pleasantly surprised to see you name it best city overall! Can’t wait to do my own exploring and come up with my own list of “bests.” :)

2. May 22, 2016 @ 8:24 pm Sara

These are so fun and I want the stories behind a few!

3. May 22, 2016 @ 8:31 pm Elle @ New Graduate Finance

See, reading this makes me want to go to all these places to see if I agree or disagree.
    I’ll go buy the plane ticket right now…

4. May 22, 2016 @ 10:57 pm Allison

Funny Istanbul for us was disappointing alas we arrived at the tail end of Ramadan, so our timing definitely impacted our perception……

5. May 23, 2016 @ 3:52 am Arianna

So interesting! I agree with a loooot of those :) But were you disappointed by Berlin? I heard so many different bells about Berlin and I am always curious about the reasons behind the judgement..

Aria

6. May 23, 2016 @ 10:41 am Meg

I agree with the places I have been too so far. Maybe once I travel the rest of Europe I can do a list of my own!

7. May 23, 2016 @ 12:52 pm shaylee

love this list! thanks for sharing (:

8. May 23, 2016 @ 1:02 pm Angela Lewis

Great post! I’d love to hear what your favorite cities are in each country too. So often, the tiny towns are the most charming and memorable.

9. May 23, 2016 @ 4:48 pm Alex

That’s excellent, thank you! Where does Spain fit? It’s mentioned in the most worth returning to..

10. May 24, 2016 @ 12:35 pm CASACAUDILL

Ah man. Sad to see Dublin listed on a “worst.” This city is AMAZING. (And incidentally, today was GORGEOUS.)

11. June 3, 2016 @ 4:39 pm Rachel

I always have wanderlust but reading your blog always kicks it even more into gear :)

12. June 22, 2016 @ 2:39 pm Steph

This is such an awesome list! We were just in Sarajevo and I definitely agree with the sketchiness there. We arrived to Mostar today and it definitely feels a lot more friendly. Definitely agree with Berlin. I visited back in April (right after Poland) and it was definitely slightly disappointing following Krakow, I reread all your Poland posts when I was there and I’m desperate to go to Wroclaw now! Hoping Croatia isn’t too crowded when we head there in two days…. Love, love, Steph xoxox

well-traveled wife © 2015. all rights reserved.