Hello Santorini!

Isn’t Santorini on just about everyone’s bucket list?
It should be, and we were happy to be crossing it off ours …
especially on a little babymoon trip! I can’t think of a better
place to celebrate a special occasion then the Greek islands.
IMG_3847 After Mykonos and Naxos islands, Santorini was the third and final
stop that we had planned. We were so happy to be here in April, because
the weather was perfect – 75 degrees, not too hot – and crowds were scarce.
It was a little slice of heaven as we checked in and took in the view above ^^
IMG_1849We opted to stay in Imerovigli, a tiny town on the cliff nicknamed
“Santorini’s Balcony.” This is for good reason, because after exploring all over
we thought this little spot had the best views & vibe. We were close to the famous
Oia town but had our own little slice of heaven overlooking it all. I wouldn’t tell
anyone to stay anywhere but here when in Santorini – and especially at our hotel!
IMG_1888I found the charming Sophia Suites and booked it thinking that it looked way
too lovely to be real. We arrived to find an even more incredible place than
we had imagined, and both said we’ve never stayed somewhere quite so
unique, beautiful, or luxurious. It felt like we were living in a dreamy cliffside
dwelling of our own, but with the most amazing service to go along with it
which made us feel like royalty. I told Chase we better soak this place up,
because we’ll be dreaming of it on many sleepless nights when baby comes :)
Hello Santorini!1^^ The most gorgeous rooms + my exact kind of welcome platter ^^
IMG_1844Literally within minutes I peeked out the window to see a familiar
pair of legs already soaking in the spring sunshine. Can you blame him? :)

Hello Santorini!4Processed with VSCO with f2 preset

We lounged here all day and I don’t think I ever looked away from
the beautiful view below. It was everything I had pictured Greece
(and Santorini) to be, and one of those moments where you just can’t
quite get over where you are. This is a place I will remember forever,
and I loved having baby girl along with us…we just have to bring her
back one day so she can fully enjoy it! :) PS swimsuit is from here!

Hello Santorini!11 IMG_1847^^ Chase matching the hot tub water + pillows :)
IMG_1850IMG_2120The breakfast each day here was something straight from my personal heaven –
fresh amazing food, ordered the night before and delivered to each room. We had
it set up outside each day so we could sit outside in the morning breeze and eat
our amazing Greek breakfast. I told Chase we had peaked in life at this moment,
ha because how does it get any better? (maybe with a little baby girl added in :)
IMG_1945
IMG_2122IMG_20160412_175216 (1)IMG_1868IMG_2118The last night we got upgraded to the honeymoon suite since the
hotel wasn’t quite full yet, and this is when we truly peaked in life.
I don’t think we will ever stay in a place like this again in our life.
It was something out of a movie, back in a little cave with a swing
chair, comfiest bed, and a casual FULL-on pool INSIDE the room::

IMG_2125 This went back and back and back ^^ It was the craziest thing I’ve ever
seen in a hotel room. We lucked out with this upgrade we wouldn’t have
otherwise booked, but for an actual honeymoon this would be IDEAL.
IMG_1928The evenings definitely steal the show in Santorini when that famous sunset begins.
IMG_1927
IMG_1905We sat down to dinner (once again, on our balcony) in perfect time to
line up our meal with the sunset. It was one of the best memories of my life!
^^ It also didn’t hurt that this fresh bouquet was delivered with dinner.
IMG_1923Pretty nice when you can eat a fancy meal in your robe ;)

Chase loved the hot tub too much so he had a dip right before dinner!
IMG_1916When in Santorini … you must have seafood ^^
IMG_1919I had simple sea bass with lemon & a side of the sunset :)
Hello Santorini!10Greek salads and ginger mint limeades ^^
IMG_1929Things got serious with that sunset ^^ My eyes couldn’t believe the beauty.
IMG_1934The dusk light after the sunset was my favorite part.
Heaven must glow like this too.

IMG_1935IMG_1936The breeze picked up and it got chilly once the sun went down,
so we took our chocolate soufflé inside. Again, life at its best ^^
IMG_1941

Goodnight, Imerovigli! We are just a little bit in love with you.

'Hello Santorini!' has 15 comments

1. April 19, 2016 @ 1:01 am Susanne

Jaw-droppingly gorgeous. Love the place you stayed, and your suit!

2. April 19, 2016 @ 1:05 am Becca

This looks amazing! So unreal!!!!!

3. April 19, 2016 @ 11:35 am Meg

It sounds like you didn’t leave your room. That’s a shame, as the island has so much more to offer, and is a joy to explore.

April 19, 2016 @ 1:42 pm emi

Haha don’t worry this was only our first day of 4! We definitely left lots and LOVED the whole island – more to share soon! I agree it was so great to explore! xo

4. April 19, 2016 @ 1:12 pm Clara

I’ve always wanted to visit Santorini! It looks beautiful. Gorgeous photos.

April 19, 2016 @ 1:42 pm emi

That’s how I was! It exceeded all expectations and I know it will for you one day :)

5. April 20, 2016 @ 12:13 pm Kari

Santorini has been on my wishlist for a long time, but now I’m adding a cave pool to my wish list too!
    Kari

6. April 20, 2016 @ 1:12 pm Lillian

Imerovigli! Great choice. We had dinner there one night and said, if we were ever back on the island, we’d stay there. So idyllic and beautiful. Lovely photos as well.

7. April 20, 2016 @ 8:48 pm Laura

OMG that hotel, that view, that bump! haha What a dreamy babymoon!! <3

8. April 21, 2016 @ 5:38 am casacaudill

While living in Ireland we’re planning on making use of the short flight to Greece but I was having a hard time deciding where I wanted to spend our time. Thanks to this very detailed set of posts filled with thoroughly lovely photos, I think I’ve narrowed it down to Santorini. It looks simply magical.

9. April 25, 2016 @ 2:07 am kereta sewa shah alam

nice post!
    those pic are really amazing. glad you enjoyed it

10. April 25, 2016 @ 6:19 pm Rachel

Santorini has always been on my bucket list but it’s now jumped up quite a bit on the list after reading these posts. And how awesome that you got that upgrade?! Seriously living the dream. You’re right – soak it all up now!!

11. June 13, 2017 @ 4:35 am Chris

Having just stayed, I have to believe this review was somehow compensated, as neither our babymoon experience or photos live up to the review detailed here. According to our host, Sophia Suites only opened last year, I gather near the time the author visited. I would advise that anyone booking here be mindful that the online images via various websites have been well photo shopped, or the rooms have quickly aged. There are apparently 3 “honeymoon” suites, and images shown under each don’t necessarily align with the room you’re booking. Our honeymoon suite included a two flight walk up to our sun deck, which was in front of a restaurant which plays music and has patrons eager to take snaps over our private area throughout the day, especially at sunset…

June 23, 2017 @ 6:55 am emi

oh no! this is so good to know! we were not compensated for our stay, but did have a press discount. i didn’t photo shop anything but i wonder if they made changes?! i will look into it and appreciate the info! i hope you still enjoyed your time in greece! xo

well-traveled wife © 2015. all rights reserved.