life lately: london!

i miss doing less formal life lately posts of exactly that …
our life lately! because “life” has not been normal for 5
months, i’ve just been recapping recapping. but now as
i am (almost) all caught up to the present, i can start to
post more normal updates of our life that i love to remember.

our time living in london before our move to amsterdam
was a dream. i still have more to share, but here are some
snippets of life lately: london style! we loved every second.
IMG_5879london is still cheery, even in the fog! ^^
london life lately41tube stations & red phone booths ^^
IMG_0197it was funny to be walking on an errand and
happen to pass the changing of the guard …
it definitely made me feel like i wasn’t a tourist!
IMG_0948we may miss san francisco’s chinatown, but
london has a pretty good one in SoHo.
IMG_0849speaking of soho: i’ve always adored carnaby street ^^
IMG_5884an all-pink tea time at sketch in london.
i am posting all about this experience soon,
but just know it is the chicest of places to do tea.
IMG_5688speaking of all-pink: i think i prefer this pink
cab to the famous all-black london cabs :)
IMG_0928london life lately19the cutest new bakery right in piccadilly.
how british is the name? cutter & squidge.
Processed with VSCOcam with f2 presetspeaking of fun spots in london: the all-cereal cafe with every
kind of cereal in the world, all flavors of milk, and endless toppings
was the funnest stop and the greatest idea! (called cereal killer)
london life lately2pretty things to be found all over the city ^^
IMG_6142pretty colors, all in a row ^^
london life lately^^ my FAVORITE drink in all of the land.

i am obsessed with rhubarb and so this drink
is perfection. i’ve only ever seen it here in the UK!

london life lately1more hot pink cabs, and my other favorite fruit crisp treat ^^
aptly named emily, even more perfect!
IMG_6117the end of our street. ^^ my favorite view.
london life lately40new earrings & pastel bridges to match ^^
london life lately38i found the christmas room at liberty london and swooned for an hour ^^
london life lately37festive food hall + ribbons & tags hall ^^
london life lately31london goodies & gifts for christmas ^^
london life lately36london life lately15i took chase for his first ben’s cookies experience
and he was such a fan that we went back multiple times.
i don’t even want to know what they put in those things.

london life lately35this was fun, ^^ i was in a little market and turned around
to see none other than emma thompson casually shopping
in the same place. just an oscar winner, no big deal!

london life lately34cute decorations at liberty dept. store again ^^
london life lately33 london life lately32an entire room called “haberdashery” ..so british!
IMG_6032 london life lately27book of mormon musical ads are EVERYWHERE in london
right now which isn’t so great, but chase pointed out that
at least the ads are positive and say “have a nice day!” ha
london life lately28
IMG_0209london life lately5reunited with some of my favorite stores in london.
they even have anthropologie here!
london life lately26we ran into cute bethany, our friend from college, at
church in london! we asked chase to take a picture
but he only caught us being so excited to see each other!
loved getting a dose of salt lake and seeing someone from home :)

london life lately25 lots of tube rides with this handsome chap ^^
london life lately23we took advantage of the musicals and plays surrounding us
…and i may have stalked the stage door of nicole kidman’s
play in case her hubby keith urban was there waiting :)

london life lately22lots of foreign coins in our pocket, and all of the
pounds mostly spend on treats like lola’s in CG!

london life lately21“rush hour crush” is my favorite part of the metro
column..so entertaining! some good lines from this one:

“how about a hot chocolate with marshmallows?”
“chocolate button eyes & boyish dimples” (ha!)
“lovely chubby guy in the leather coat & red trousers”
“cute bobbed girl”

haha amazing, right?
london life lately20^^ another british treat we love, and a new fall
wardrobe to go along with the fall streets

london life lately18i got to meet up with some of the cutest people in london
who emailed me! it’s always fun to connect with people
from online and make real friendships across the
world :) this is cute steph who lives here in the UK.
we’ve emailed for a long time and had so much fun finally
meeting up! she even brought cupcakes, what a cutie.

london life lately16london started to get SO festive for christmas,
making me excited for the holidays! i feel like
we’ve been in a time warp since july and it’s
hard to believe it’s already end of november.
i saw these scarfs and felt like i HAD to get
one for south africa. can you blame me?
london life lately14
london life lately13we loved walking into selfridges often (we are a little
obsessed after watching the show selfridges all about it).
i am such a sucker for longchamp. i swear, london brings
out the shopper in me! i just can’t help it here.

london life lately11^^ first haircut in a year, and darling decorated oxford street ^^
london life lately10our tube ride each sunday to church.
i love that hyde park chapel!

london life lately6ha – we went to dinner one night near king’s cross station,
so i took chase to see the famous platform 9 and three quarters
from harry potter. he has never read any of the books and had
zero idea what this was, ha! i had to capture his unimpressed face.
(and yes, i have told him that he is missing out by not reading HP).

london life lately4he was however impressed by the burger joint we found
right near king’s cross. yeah! burger was the BEST.
(inside the star of kings pub).
IMG_0254 london life lately3one of london’s many perks = AMAZING bookstores all over.
i want them all. this cookbook is also so perfect and just my
style of recipes, so i had to share it. can’t wait to start cooking again!

IMG_6103let’s talk about how covent garden has a shake shack. heaven!
IMG_6059let’s also talk about how london does the holidays so right. ^^
IMG_0257we had a fun festive dinner at rocket in holborn to get in the spirit!
IMG_0267i want to make more salads at home like this..so pretty how it’s stacked.

IMG_0282 and we got sticky toffee pudding, a british staple. (chase’s first!)
london life lately29i love these little details and moments of our time in london.
we were so lucky to have this time here and can’t wait for what’s next!

'life lately: london!' has 24 comments

1. November 23, 2015 @ 2:37 am Kaelene @ Unlocking Kiki

So many pretty happy things!

2. November 23, 2015 @ 3:36 am Arianna

O wow, these are some photos! Thank you so so so much for sharing all of them: it made me feel like I was walking those beautiful streets as well! And the food, o gosh the food: it looks so so so so incredibly delicious!

Keep on posting pictures, please!!!!!

O, and.. he never read Harry Potter? WHAAAAT???

November 23, 2015 @ 11:22 pm emi

haha that’s what i said the first time i heard he was a non-HPer! almost a deal breaker! ;)

3. November 23, 2015 @ 4:06 am Jasmine @makingrestorations

It’s nice to see you guys settled in. I’m sure it was a nice change a pace and your London photos are so fun. Loved that you just happened upon the changing of the guard! I am surprised that you included the “have a nice day” photo. I would think that part would be offensive to you guys, but I guess it’s good to be able to laugh at yourself sometimes.

November 23, 2015 @ 11:26 pm emi

thanks! it has been nice to be in one place for a bit :)
      the actual musical itself makes me sad and i’ve never seen it, but we had to laugh that at least all of the ads say something good like “have a nice day!” haha

4. November 23, 2015 @ 4:58 am Meg

Way to give this Italian expat some SERIOUS Wanderlust! I’m booking my tixs to London as soon as I finish writing this comment. Firstly, I love your blog! It’s so inspiring and beautifully done. Also, I drank Cawston Press in Amsterdam, so I’m sure you’ll find it again :D I can’t recall the name of the store, but it was from a cute grocery store near the 9 little shopping streets!

November 23, 2015 @ 11:33 pm emi

thank you dear! and that is amazing news about cawston press :) i figured it’s all over, but haven’t ever seen it! i’ll have to look in amsterdam since we are moving there!! :) xo

5. November 23, 2015 @ 8:20 am Jessica

How has he never read Harry Potter?! was his childhood just horrible? haha

6. November 23, 2015 @ 9:20 am Katie @ Katie Wanders

I can always rely on your blog for the most beautiful colorful photos, and the cutest outfits ever. Can you be my personal stylist!

Love from Utah,
    Katie @ Katie Wanders

7. November 23, 2015 @ 9:41 am Courtney

I lived on London for six months so I love this post!! I was definitely a little addicted to Ben’s Cookies!

8. November 23, 2015 @ 11:41 am mara

ok a store made just for cereal??! yes, of all the amazing things you blogged about, i’m still focused on the cereal store ha ;) i need to visit london asap. it must be done.

November 23, 2015 @ 11:33 pm emi

haha RIGHT? it was amazing. you have to go!!!!!

9. November 23, 2015 @ 1:15 pm kaitlin

oh my goodness so much fun stuff! I love those life lately and have mirrored the format in my own :) I have to say Liberty was my favorite store in London when we went a few years back. Also, your food pictures have me drooling.

November 23, 2015 @ 11:34 pm emi

love that :) and especially love that you know liberty! such a hidden gem! xo

10. November 23, 2015 @ 2:02 pm Kari

London is one of my favorite cities. I am living vicariously through these photos! I recently discovered that there was a cereal bar in Santa Cruz, but it just closed! I was bummed, its such a cool idea!
    Kari

11. November 23, 2015 @ 8:55 pm Lauren

You’re making me so nostalgic for London! It’s my favourite city in the whole world. Can’t wait to go back one day :)

12. November 24, 2015 @ 4:26 am John Lucas

Very nice post… Thanks for sharing!
    London!!! amazing city..beautiful photos !!
    Faniani Group have own fleet of more than 120 premium buses, coaches, and minibuses, Multilingual travel consultants, experienced logistics experts, global partners.

13. November 24, 2015 @ 11:36 am Nicole | Treasure Tromp

Looks like London has been treating you well!

14. November 24, 2015 @ 7:05 pm Hannah

What an absolutely charming place! How lucky you are to have lived there for a while. I can’t believe your husband has never read Harry Potter! That is a crime against humanity. My husband hadn’t read them either up until a few months ago and I FINALLY convinced him too, haha and now he loves them.

15. November 24, 2015 @ 7:14 pm Beth @ Being Beth

I don’t know if I’ve said this but I just love reading your blog! I feel like I’m traveling right along with you.

16. November 25, 2015 @ 11:20 am Rachel

Rush Hour Crush sounds hysterical! We need something like that in the U.S.! Also, Emma Thompson?! I would’ve died if I turned around and saw her there!

17. November 25, 2015 @ 11:43 am Ann

Oh, I miss London! I miss it all! Ben’s Cookies, the bookstores, the food, the British names, everything!

18. November 25, 2015 @ 12:28 pm Taylor

i love your life lately posts! it’s always fun to capture the every day, especially as you’re getting somewhat settled! i’m super jealous of your emma thompson sighting, and i’m with chase on HP! i always tell myself i’ll read them someday when we have kids maybe…? ;)

19. December 14, 2015 @ 5:26 am Catherine

Loved this post SO so much! Cutter & Squidge, Ben’s cookies, and Lola’s cupcakes are literally my favourite treats in London. Also my office is RIGHT behind Selfridges! Keep an eye out for the new series of Mr Selfridge – one of my dearest friends Mimi is in it this next season!

C x | Lux Life

well-traveled wife © 2018. all rights reserved.