bellagio ♥ italia

b e l l a g i o, lake como is everything i had dreamed of
and imagined in my mind’s eye. pulling up to it after a
long ferry cruise and taking it the picture perfect setting
was so heavenly. it was one of those moments where you’re
not quite sure it can be real. here poshness meets charm:: with
bright colors, striped umbrellas, every shade of blue water,
italian words hanging in the air, hot days + a cold lake,
and pretty much just happiness in the form of a place.
i took the above photo and then stared at it on my camera
just to make sure that what i was seeing was actually there.

IMG_2951as we wandered the warm streets up the hill to our hotel, i think
my jaw was permanently dropped. perfect pink blossoms against
pink buildings, italian railings, little narrow streets, happy
people walking them, and all of it set against the pretty lake.
IMG_2721IMG_3000once we dropped our bags it was straight for a dip, done in
style! once chase spotted this high dive in the middle of the
lake there was no question what our first order of business was.
second order of business ^^
IMG_2971IMG_2984then i sat on this little dock all day waving to boats as
they passed. nothing happier in life than the boat wave!
ps if i ever go missing, you can probably find me right
here in this exact spot…and who can blame me? ^^
IMG_3006life is peachy at the lake.
IMG_2999oh, back again doing tricks off the board.
(it helped that he got a fan club of little italian
kids who were cheering him on from the shore! :)
Bellagio10Bellagio8IMG_2718
Bellagio9 IMG_2953i could wander here forever were it not
for the sweltering heat which created a…

Bellagio6third order of business ^^ (because when in como, right?)
Bellagio7we found some shady streets to peruse some paintings ^^
IMG_2949^^ i knocked on this door to see if i could move in (i wish :)
Bellagio1 IMG_2975we stepped back in time at a few classic hotels
to get a taste of lake como from years past ^^

IMG_2970and then back out into present day for
some george clooney searching ;)
Bellagio12i went pasta shopping and came back to find this going on ^^
two words: not happening. hah, i had to crush his italian dreams!

IMG_2966 IMG_2775after looking at dozens of menus we decided on a little
streetside restaurant when we saw brown butter sage
ravioli on the menu … and we did not choose wrong.

IMG_2771Bellagio4IMG_2760Bellagio2Bellagio13^^ after dinner in italy there is really only one option.
ps this one was grapefruit / mint which sounds weird
but was one of the best combos ever on a hot day.

IMG_2763delicious dusk ^^
Bellagioi think in heaven there will be a ferry over to bellagio.
i also think there will be butter & sage ravioli and grapefruit
gelato. at least that’s what i’m planning on if i make it there!

*more tomorrow from our como hotel*

'bellagio ♥ italia' has 13 comments

1. August 28, 2015 @ 12:41 pm Natalie Minniss

Lake Como looks so gorgeous! I love that your second and third order of business was gelato! I have a feeling mine would be the same :)

2. August 28, 2015 @ 1:42 pm Jessica C

When do you guys settle down for real life in Europe?? Where will you be settling?

September 1, 2015 @ 12:42 pm emi

soon! i will update ASAP!
      xoxo

3. August 28, 2015 @ 3:16 pm Morgan A.

OH MY GOD! This is my favorite of your trip so far. I of course have heard of this place, but I actually haven’t seen too many pictures. I had no idea it was that dreamy! Literally, dreamy is the word that comes to mind right now. WOWWW!! Like, if could lay on a dock there for a week I think I would be in pure heaven. And maybe have someone send out pasta and gelato every hour. Wow, seriously dreamy. Looking forward to the next post ;)
    x. MorningApple

• September 1, 2015 @ 12:46 pm emi

haha love the idea of having someone send pasta and gelato out every hour!
      so glad the dreaminess came through – our favorite too :)

4. August 30, 2015 @ 1:58 am Barb

Wow, Lake Como seems to be an amazing place! Lovely photos!

5. August 30, 2015 @ 6:36 am Kristin DiCristofano

Wow!!! That really does look like a heaven on earth!

6. August 30, 2015 @ 12:57 pm Danielle @ EscapingEssex

I absolutely love Lake Como! Gelato is an absolute must

Danielle | http://www.escapingessex.com

x

7. August 31, 2015 @ 8:34 am Lacey @ Runs & Roses

Ok stop. These pictures are perfect. I agree with your idea of heaven…I’m totally on board with that :)

8. August 31, 2015 @ 1:51 pm mom

This post made my mouth water…and not for the 4 gelato’s you had throughout the day. This is absolutely stunning and seems like paradise. I want to put this on my bucket list…with you!!

9. August 31, 2015 @ 5:15 pm Emily

Such a beautiful city! It’s so quaint and old fashioned looking, I love it. Definitely on my bucket list. Looks like a lot of fun, and the gelato looks delicious.

10. September 3, 2015 @ 9:39 pm Kari

This is so stunning! Lake Como tops my list of places I need to see when we return to Italy!
    Kari

11. September 4, 2015 @ 3:04 pm Rachel

Sounds like a fabulous day! Too bad you didn’t run into George while you were in town! lol

well-traveled wife © 2015. all rights reserved.